Files & Forms Archive

Friday, August 14, 2015

Principals Post - 8/14/2015


                 
               



Welcome!


We would like to extend a warm welcome to all of our Manzanita families! A strong home-school partnership provides a critical foundation for student success at school. We look forward to working closely with you, in a variety of capacities, throughout the year.


If we have not yet met you, we look forward to doing so soon! Since both of us are new to Manzanita this year, please allow us to introduce ourselves:



From Principal Kim Boling

I am happy to be returning to Manzanita, where I started my teaching career 22 years ago! I taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades at Manzanita, and have spent the last 10 years as principal at Ventana Vista Elementary. I worked for three years on some grant-funded projects at the University of Arizona, including a teacher-enhancement project that involved supporting K-8 math teachers throughout the Tucson area. I am the mother of two teenagers (former Manzanita students!), and when 
I am not working, I enjoy reading, playing board games, and spending time outdoors.

From Assistant Principal Nancy Hayes
My husband, Peter, and I have just relocated to beautiful Tucson from Salinas, CA, and I am thrilled to be a part of the Manzanita School Staff.  I am a Massachusetts’s girl from Swampscott, and graduated from Bridgewater State University.  While raising two children, Matt (age 30) and Sarah (age 26), I spent 17 years teaching a variety of grade levels from Pre-K to 4th grade.  For the last 4 years, I was a Principal and the Director of Curriculum for the Washington Union School District.  When I am not working, I am walking my yellow lab Maddie, hiking, traveling, reading, and cooking!

There are many ways for you to be involved in our school community. In order to stay abreast of important information, we encourage all families to subscribe to this blog. You can also subscribe to the blog on our school website.



Back-to-School/Curriculum Nights are underway! Kindergarten and Fifth Grade held their evenings for parents this past week. Upcoming dates for other grade levels are:

First Grade and Multiage – Tuesday, August 25 at 6:00 PM
Second Grade – Wednesday, August 26 at 6:00 PM
Third Grade – Tuesday, August 18 at 6:00 PM
 Fourth Grade – Thursday, August 20 at 6:00 PM

As a parent or guardian at our school, you are a member of our Family Faculty Organization (FFO). The FFO is an incredible group that supports our school in countless ways. Please consider attending FFO meetings to find out more, including how you might want to become involved. The first general meeting will be on Friday, September 18 at 8:15 AM in the Library.   


 We look forward to a very successful school year! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to contact us.



Kim Boling                                                                      Nancy Hayes
Principal                                                                          Assistant Principal
209-7800                                                                         209-7800
kboling@cfsd16.org                                                       nhayes@cfsd16.org