Files & Forms Archive

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Odyssey of the Mind - help needed!





 
Parents,

       My name is Jae Fagan and I am the music teacher at Manzanita Elementary and also the Odyssey of the Mind coach for my school. Odyssey of the Mind is a creative problem solving program that combines robotics, theater, engineering, science, and other numerous subject areas. This program has students in a team of seven compete at the regional, state, and world level. I have been involved in the program for over 15 years, and just recently coaching a team that placed 3rd in the world. 
      
 I am reaching out to you because I am in dire need of several parents that may be willing to coach an Odyssey team this year. I have multiple students 3-5 that have been in the program and would like to continue on their Odyssey journey. Since I can only have seven per team I am very limited with how many students I can take and the only way to alleviate this is to have more coaches. will tell you it takes an extreme amount of work and dedication to be a coach, but the time and effort is well worth seeing your team succeed. As of now I have a parent volunteer who can support you, as well as myself, to guide you on coaching. If you are at all interested please email me at jfagan@cfsd16.org


I have linked below the website if you would like to do more reading about the program.



Thank you,

Jae Fagan