Files & Forms Archive

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hello Manzanita Families!

My name is Kelsey Faber, I am the new school guidance counselor. I was luckily enough to intern for the entirety of last year with the amazing Terri Fletcher before her retirement, so I may have met a few of you already. I completed my Masters in Counseling at the U of A, but was born and raised in Erie, Pennsylvania. I completed my Bachelor’s degree at Penn State, University Park in Human Development & Family Studies. I am beyond excited to be a part of this amazing staff, and cannot wait to meet all of the students.



I split my time between Manzanita and Ventana Vista. I am here at Manzanita Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Friday afternoons. You can reach me by phone directly (at MZ) 209-7805, and my email is kfaber@cfsd16.org. My office is located right inside the library.

As the counselor, I wear many hats at school. I teach guidance lessons to each classroom ranging in topic from “Stranger Danger,” to conflict resolution, bullying, friendship skills, and abuse prevention. In addition, I run small counseling groups for specific situations and needs including our “New Student” and “Changing Families” groups. We also have done “Lunch Bunch” to facilitate student practice with positive peer interactions, in addition to grief counseling groups. It simply just depends on the school’s needs this year. I also meet with students one on one for any multitude of reasons, and believe in an open door policy- as long as they ask their teacher, my room is a place to come and “cool off” or simply to take a quick moment to regroup.



I also have an array of resources/books in my office if you as a parent should ever want to browse the shelves. In addition, I have a pretty extensive file of contact information for resources within the community.

I really value time with students and truly believe that in order for a child to be a successful student, they first must become a successful individual. I genuinely love what I do and am dedicated to making the school year run as smoothly as possible for each student.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns. Have a great start to the school year!

Kelsey Faber